Glades Health Initiative
136 South Main Street
Belle Glade, FL 33430
Ph: (561) 996-0500
Description: The Glades Health Initiative (GHI) provides free, rapid, and confidential HIV testing as well as nutritional, medical, and psychological services to help patients treat and manage HIV.
- GHI offers free and confidential HIV oral swab testing and provides test results within 20-30 minutes.
- Patients are provided with a $10.00 cash incentive for getting tested, regardless of their test results are positive or negative.
- GHI provides medical and psychological treatment to assist patients in finding a doctor, addressing drug or alcohol problems, and reintegrating into their community.
- Patients are given a $10.00 food voucher for each time that they attend an HIV/AIDS counseling session.
- GHI offers on-site HIV prevention counseling for HIV positive patients and their negative partners.
- GHI provides free male and female condoms as well as instructional demonstrations.
Note: GHI does not provide doctor services or medication, but it will help patients obtain Medicare, Medicaid, or Ryan White CARE Act funds.
Comprehensive AIDS Program of Palm Beach County
Individuals may call the toll-free number at (888) 417-2743
for assistance in locating the nearest CAP location.
Description: The Comprehensive AIDS Program of Palm Beach County (CAP) provides free, rapid, and confidential HIV testing at multiple locations in and around the 23rd District. HIV positive patients have access to counseling services for 90 days, and are linked to doctors and facilities that provide medication and insurance services. Free condoms are available at the clinic.
- CAP provides free and confidential HIV oral swab testing and gives test results within 20-30 minutes.
- HIV positive patients receive 90 days of free counseling and are linked to doctors and facilities that will provide medication and insurance services.
Prevention and Advocacy Services
- CAP performs outreach in the community and hosts educational sessions and programs for youth.
- CAP provides free condoms at their facility and during outreach programs.
Note: CAP does not provide doctor services or medication, but it will help patients obtain Medicare, Medicaid, or Ryan White CARE Act funds.
Palm Beach County Health Department, Delray Beach Clinic
Description: The Palm Beach County Health Department Delray Beach Clinic provides free and confidential blood testing for HIV and free mental health counseling. The Delray Beach Clinic accepts insurance, and condoms are available.
225 South Congress Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33445
Ph: (561) 274-3100
- The Delray Beach Clinic offers free HIV blood testing and provides results in 2-3 weeks.
- Testing for other STDs is available for a fee.
- The Delray Beach Clinic offers mental health counseling for HIV positive patients who have recently learned of their status.
- The clinic provides free condoms and family planning services.
- Other forms of contraceptives are available for a fee.
Note: Payment for services is based on insurance. However, no one will be turned away because of an inability to pay. Those without insurance are linked to Medicare, Medicaid, or Ryan White CARE Act funds.
2800 Andrews Avenue
Wilton Manors, FL 33311
Ph: (954) 568-7373
Description: Broward House is a community-based organization with locations throughout Broward County that offers programs and resources to Broward residents who are infected by and at risk for contracting HIV/AIDS. These services include case management, substance abuse treatment, supportive and independent housing, mental health services, education, medical services and transportation.
- Confidential oral swab HIV testing is provided at no cost.
- Mental Health: Mental health therapy is available to people who are uninsured and HIV positive and to Medicaid beneficiaries. Individual, family, couple, and group counseling is also provided.
- Substance Abuse: Broward House provides a comprehensive and intensive substance abuse treatment program for people who are HIV positive.
- Medical Services: Broward House and the North Broward Hospital District have a staff of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists, lab technicians and case managers to assist HIV/AIDS infected persons with managing their condition.
- Broward House provides free condoms at its locations.
- Broward House’s Community Outreach and Education programs help people access medical care and services in their community.
- Broward House’s SISTA Project educates African-American women on AIDS related topics.
- Broward House’s MPowerment Project is targeted toward gay men between 18 – 30 who seek education and support on HIV prevention.
- Case Management: Broward House provides ongoing psychological, economic and medical evaluations to determine the course of treatment that is needed for people with HIV/AIDS.
- Assisted Living Facilities: Broward House offers living facilities for HIV positive individuals who are in need of housing, positive individuals who are undergoing substance abuse treatment, and homeless HIV positive or negative individuals who are in need of medical respite care. Eligible persons may be placed on a waiting list before receiving housing.
- Transportation: Broward House provides scheduled transportation to medical appointments, pharmacy, support groups, food banks and other eligibility based services.
Note: You must contact the Wilton Manors Client Service Center in order to access Broward House services. Services are available in Spanish, English, Creole and Chinese. Please note that Broward House serves Broward County residents and eligible persons may be placed on a waiting list before receiving services.
871 W Oakland Park Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33311
Ph: (954) 567-7141
Description: One of South Florida’s oldest and largest HIV/AIDS service organizations, Care Resource provides wide-ranging and comprehensive treatment and prevention resources to people in Miami and Fort Lauderdale who are infected or at risk for contracting HIV/AIDS. Care Resource’s care and treatment facilities include dental services, counseling, case management, nutrition, medical treatment and clinical research.
- Nutritional Services: Nutritional services provided at Care Resource include a complete nutritional assessment with interventions provided at the counseling session. Anthropometric measurements, lab values and diagnoses help to individualize the clients' medical needs including follow-up sessions to help achieve a healthy goal.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counseling: Case Managers help their clients unravel the sometimes-confusing web of access to community services. Services may include primary medical care, prescription drugs, housing assistance, food and many others. Counseling formats include: group counseling for peer support and recovery from additions; family or couples counseling for help with inter-personal and relationship difficulty; individual psychotherapy for private counseling sessions; and specialized substance abuse counseling.
- Transportation: Working with a combination of funders, Care Resource can provide public transportation. You may access this service through your case manager. Simply ask if you qualify.
- Who qualifies for Care Resource services? Anyone who is newly diagnosed or has dropped out of care for any reason. Our masters-trained staff will help mobilize individual strengths to ensure you or your loved one reconnects to life saving care. For more information, call Care Resource at 305.576.1234 x287 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health Intervention Project (HIP): HIP is a mobile-based confidential HIV counseling and testing program with peer educators who provide HIV counseling and testing, distribute educational material, condoms and other preventive tools.
- Incarcerated Youth Health Education Program (IYHEP): IYHEP is the newest HIV prevention program at Care Resource. IYHEP has one goal; to provide HIV prevention education, confidential HIV counseling and testing to youth ages 13 to 22 that are detained in various juvenile facilities in Miami-Dade County.
- Partners in Faith (PIF): PIF is an HIV prevention program within Care Resource that reaches out to the faith-based community in the African-American/Black communities to implement AIDS ministries in various churches throughout the African-American community. If you need further information please contact Alesia Miller at 305-576-1234 x 293 or email PIF@careresource.org.
- Youth Health Intervention Project (YHIP): YHIP is an HIV prevention program in Broward County that aims to increase HIV/AIDS awareness among young men who have sex with men through education and information. Target population is young men who have sex with men (MSM) under the ages of 24.
Mount Olive Development Corporation
401 NW 9th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Description: The Mount Olive Development Corporation (MODCO) is a faith-based Community Development Corporation whose mission is to revitalize low and moderate income communities by providing strategic programs that promote economic development, create jobs and focus on strengthening families through Public Services, Affordable Housing, and Entrepreneurial Ventures. HIV/AIDS is an area of primary concern.
- Free HIV Testing: MODCO offers free HIV oral swab testing on the last Sunday of every month, 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
- Casework: MODCO helps those with HIV and AIDS obtain access to healthcare through referrals and offers guidance and assistance to those applying for Ryan White Part A and Medicaid.
- Nutrition: MODCO maintains a food bank specifically to help those afflicted by HIV and AIDS. Referrals are made to area medical facilities for issues regarding nutrition and dietary counseling.
- Emotional Support: MODCO sponsors a weekly HIV/AIDS support group called Angels of Hope. Meetings are held every Tuesday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and a free meal is served.
- Outreach: An outreach program on HIV/AIDS awareness is offered to area schools and provides health education and information on risk reduction services.
- Substance Abuse: In-house referrals are made to substance abuse counseling centers for group or individual help.
- Housing: MODCO organizes an emergency housing program for people living with HIV and AIDS and includes a single women’s facility for women and their children, a facility for men and a facility for families. Qualifying applicants are either unemployed or have limited income, and may stay for up to 60 days.
- Emergency Financial Assistance: Emergency assistance in paying for utilities, rent, prescription medications and food is provided for those who qualify. One may apply for emergency assistance on the first Tuesday of every month between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Ex-offender Mentoring: Mentoring and employment-search assistance for ex-offenders is provided in conjunction with the Opportunities Industrialization Center of Broward County.